New words and concepts learned:
1. Constructionist Perspective: The social construction of reality that examines the development of jointly constructed understandings of the world that form the basis for shared assumptions about reality.
2. Theoretical Thinking: A proposed way of thinking about potentially related events.
3. Meeting of Minds: also referred to as mutual agreement, mutual assent or consensus.
4. Scaffolding:a process in which instructors model or demonstrate how to solve a problem, and then step back and offer support as needed.
5. Cultural Capital: refers to non-financial social assets that promote social mobility beyond economic means. Some examples are education, intellect, style of speech, dress, or physical appearance.
6. Applied Developmentalist: Those who focus on enhancing the developmental process and preventing then development of psychopathology in individuals and families across the life span.
7. Construction of Adolescence: The idea that adolescence is constructed throughout daily activities in society, and are contributed by the world around us.
8: Maligned: To speak in a critical way.
9. Tested Knowledge: Assessment intended to measure a takers knowledge, skill, aptitude, physical fitness, or classifications.
10. Pathologized: To treat and/or regard as psychologically abnormal or unhealthy.
10 Co-Authors of my Life:
Mom (Lori), Dad (Joseph), Amanda (Sister), Joseph (Brother), Rose (Sister), Morgan (Sister), Mommom (Grandmother), Connor (Boyfriend), Robin (Aunt), God
There has been many wonderful people in my life who have helped me write my own story, and I could share so many wonderful stories of how they have contributed to who I am today, and I cannot thank them enough. I decided to talk about my Aunt Robin, Aunt Robin has always been a second mother to me and has always supported and encouraged me in everything that I have done. She is a fresh breath of positivity, a little corky, and just a giant ray of sunshine that has been a major impact on my life. Because of Aunt Robin, I have tried to model my life similar to hers. I try to see each and everyday as a learning opportunity, leave people happier than the way I found them, and always lend a helping hand to those in need. My Aunt has been a major role model in my life and I hope that I can be to others what she has been to me.