Friday, September 30, 2016

Blog Post 5 : Ideology Horoscope

My Youth Development Ideology 
Horoscope: Positive Youth Development 

What does that mean??

Youth have a constellation of "assets".


External assets like supports 
(family, adults, school, climate); 
Empowerment (youth as resources), 
Boundaries (family, school, positive 
peer influence); internal assets like 
commitment to learning, positive attitudes 
(caring), social competencies, positive identity. 
Its the youth worker role to create environments
that provide positive external assets to foster
positive internal assets. A focus on fostering
strengths of positive growth. 

How does this relate to what kind of youth worker I am??

I believe that youth are what holds our 
communities together! As a Youth Development 
major I believe that youth are what make 
our communities grow, because they are the future.
I believe it is important to engage youth in activities 
and topic that will involve their future and their 
own communities.  

Encouraging youth to talk about controversial 
topics in a safe area I believe is one of the 
most important things we can do to help their 
development. 

How to provide Positive Youth Spaces...
                                






5 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,
    I agree with your perspective that having a safe place for youth to talk about contrversial topics in safe areas is way to success for them as they are the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,

    I also got positive youth development. It is our role to provide the directions, reassuments and safe environments that youth need to grow and reach their best abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan,

    I got Positive YDEV. I agree that encouraging youth to discuss topics that are difficult to talk about in a safe space is one of the most important things we can do for the youth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Megan,

    I love how you talked about how youth make up the community pretty much. It makes sense to have the youth involve in activities and have a voice for themselves. Especially because that will help them grow into an individual and help build their confidence.

    Very Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! horoskop

    ReplyDelete